New from Summit – they are now offering ProMax 2618 Race Pistons from Howards Cams. These pistons are fully CNC-machined with accumulator grooves for improved ring seal. See more details below.
When you consider the extreme environment in an engine’s cylinders, it stands to reason that installing a high lift cam, larger valves, a bigger carb, or even forced induction puts the pistons under even more strain.
That’s why Howards Cams created ProMax 2618 Race Pistons. The pistons’ 2618-T61 heat-treated aluminum billet bar stock contains less than one percent silicon particulate, giving the pistons the strength to keep their shape and size under extreme pressures and high RPMs. The 2618 material also eliminates “skirt shrinking”—the annoying sound of piston slap that rears its ugly head at startup and goes away when the engine reaches operating temperature. Moreover, the shape of the CNC-turned skirts can handle severe side loads without scuffing or splitting the cylinder walls.
- Fully CNC-machined
- Accumulator grooves for improved ring seal
- Piston domes (where applicable) are fully radiused to eliminate sharp edges and potential hot spots
- Valve pockets are precisely designed to accommodate large cam profiles and oversized valves
- Machined oil drainback holes
- Forced pin oilers
- Lock removal indents
- Lightweight .150″ aircraft-quality wrist pins with double Spirolox retainers