Power adders are the pinnacle of a vehicle’s build for many enthusiasts. They are a sizable chunk of money and we want to make sure that what we buy will fill our power hungry bellies. Making the most power quickly with the least amount of boost is going to win over the masses. One of those companies that has all the right stuff is SLP.
5th Gen Camaro Supercharger Features
- Designed from a clean sheet of paper to meet or exceed all OEM design, engineering and manufacturing standards
- Direct drive rotor pack eliminates the need for a jackshaft, extra bearings, extra pulley and rear belt
- Intake manifold ports are port-matched (designed into casting) to the cylinder head ports for greater air flow
- Includes plug and play wire harnesses, pre-bent and pre-cut hoses
- Intercooled with high flow circulating pump and larger capacity coolant reservoir
- Includes hand-held touch-screen programmer with SLP developed and custom PCM calibration
All SLP superchargers come filled with Eaton’s 2300 TVS rotor group – the same rotor packs in the ZR1 Camaro! The pair of four-lobe rotors are twisted 160 degrees. As a positive displacement supercharger, the R2300 offers immediate off-idle throttle response and boost, unlike a centrifugal-supercharged design that builds boost relative to RPM. Max boost is reached quickly and the system is designed to thunder all the way to redline.
In addition to the supercharger, you also get a SLP-designed upper and lower aluminum intake manifolds, a high-efficiency intercooler system with a large, full-face low-temperature radiator, an oversized coolant degas bottle, air-to-water intercooler, and formed hoses. The injector bosses are cast into manifold at same angle as GM’s manifold, providing optimum fuel delivery to the back of the valve for improved combustion and atomization of fuel.
This kit fits all 2010-2013 Camaro SS manual and automatic transmission cars and also comes with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty on the supercharger system parts. If you are looking for a supercharger that can support up to 850 hp, this might be the one for you!
A Sneak Peek Into SLP’s HEMI Supercharger
Stepping into the late model HEMI market is SLP with their new high output 2.3-liter supercharger kit that will provide 490+ hp on 5.7-liter and 545+ hp on the 6.1-liter. The complete kit will fit under the hood and does not contain any jackshafts! The self contained lubrication system eliminates the need to service the supercharger.
- 2011-2014 6.4-liter Challenger SRT8
- 2011-2014 6.4-liter Charger SRT8
- 2011-2014 5.7-liter Challenger
- 2011-2014 5.7-liter Charger
HEMI tuner kits will be available in spring 2014!