If you’re tired of trying to find the right combo in an aluminum block but still want to squeeze out the most power you can from an LT platform, check out what LME has for you. On full display at the PRI trade show this year, LME showed off their signature iron-block engine combination.
“This is our LTX 1,800 horsepower combination. It is available in 390, 416, and 427 cubic inches,” said LME’s Bryan Neelen. “It utilizes the new GM L8T 6.6-liter iron block and runs our Edelbrock-based casting that we machine from the raw casting to the finished product.”
According to Bryan, you can get this in either hydraulic- or solid-roller camshaft and lifter configurations, and a wet- or dry-sump oil system. “It runs 2.180-inch titanium intake valves and 1.630-inch Inconel exhaust valves. It flows right at 400 cfm at the intake and 310 cfm at the exhaust.”
LME is well known for its race engines, and this new iron-block combination is marketed as the engine block that can hold way more power than your traditional aluminum block. When combined with LME’s high-flowing cylinder heads, high horsepower and reliability combine to a perfect package.
- 390 ci engine: 4.070” bore x 3.750” stroke
- 416 ci engine: 4.070” bore x 4.000” stroke
- 427 ci engine: 4.125” bore x 4.000” stroke
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Crankshaft: Callies Magnum 8 Counterweight Crankshaft w/ LME Blueprint
- Camshaft: COMP
- Lifters: Johnson lifters
- Connecting Rods: Callies Ultra enforcer I-Beam rods w/ ARP bolts
- Pistons: LME custom forged 2K HP DIAMOND Pistons
- Wrist Pins: Upgraded Trend wrist pins
- Rings: Total Seal
- Hardware: ARP head and main studs
- Head Gasket: Cometic MLS
- Valvetrain: BTR platinum polished dual valve springs, titanium locks, and retainers
“This package does use the straight exhaust port, so it does require a header for the application,” Bryan said. “Kooks and American Racing both make header options for the Camaro and Corvette.”
“You can also run this engine with our CID aftermarket casting which utilizes the factory style exhaust port,” he added. Interestingly, LME will tailor the engine package to whatever power adders you plan on using. The options are almost endless.
For more information on this or the other high-performance engine packages, LME manufactures, visit them online at latemodelengine.com.