Our friends over at JE Pistons have created these lightweight pistons for high compression small-block Chevy engines. Featuring a forged, hollow dome design these slugs are not only lightweight, but can handle the abuse of 700 horsepower and be ordered in as little as 5 days! Learn more below.
JE Pistons develops new lightweight pistons for high compression Small Block Chevy 350 and 400 cubic inch engines!
JE Pistons has announced the release of a new lineup of lightweight FSR pistons for high compression Small Block Chevy 350 and 400 engines. The new “hollow dome” pistons feature a 2618 alloy forging with a dedicated undercrown design that closely follows the shape of the dome and valve pockets for maximum weight reduction. In addition, the FSR forging utilizes external bracing for improved pin tower support and a 2.250” wrist pin for further weight savings.
Nick Diblasi, JE Pistons Product Manager feels, “These new pistons are ideal for any high compression, 23 degree Small Block Chevy. They have been designed for the most demanding applications including 700hp 360 cubic inch Sprint Cars, drag racing and even high performance street vehicles.” Most popular combinations are available off-the-shelf, while additional combinations are easily made by custom order in as little as 5 days.
- Specifically designed for high compression Small Block Chevy engines
- Stronger than “full round” designs and up to 70 grams lighter!
- Available for bore sizes from 3.987” – 4.190”
- Contoured undercrown provides increased thickness in critical, high stress areas
- Reduced pin length (2.250”) reduces weight by up to 26 grams!
- Includes JE’s proprietary “Smooth finish crown” process that improves the surface finish of the piston crown and removes all sharp edges
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by JE Pistons
- Available by custom order in as little as 5 days!