If you’ve been following Street Muscle Magazine’s social media, especially the Facebook page, you’ll be familiar with our recurring podcast, RodCAST Live. For the uninitiated, the show is an all-encompassing dive into the deep-end of automobilia.
The show’s host Vinny Costa, Editor of Power Automedia’s Street Muscle and Rod Authority magazines, and his co-host Greg Acosta, Editor of Engine Labs take viewers and listeners on a live virtual interview with their guests – playing game segments and generally just having a good time.
The show airs every Friday at Noon PST on the Street Muscle Facebook page. Viewers can expect live interaction with guests and hosts alike – viewer participation is strongly encouraged.
The previous nine episodes can still be seen on Street Muscle’s Facebook page. Links to each individual episode are listed below along with the guest’s name and a short summary/recap – just click on the episode you want to watch, and the link will take you there.
- Episode #1 – The Usual Suspects/ Power Automedia:
- On this episode, we introduce and get some back story on our usual suspects: Vinny Costa (Host, Editor Street Muscle Magazine), Greg Acosta (Co-Host, Editor EngineLabs), Shawn Brereton (Editorial Director), Randy Bolig (Editor ChevyHardcore), Dave Cruikshank (Previous Editor Rod Authority), and Dave Pankew (Turnology).
- Episode #2 – Blane Burnett/ Holley:
- Episode #3 – Vinny & Greg/ Late Model Muscle:
- Vinny and Greg talk about modern muscle cars, their engines, and the technology behind them. They weigh the pros and cons of buying a newer muscle car against something cheaper that needs more work. Find out if you agree!
- Episode #4 – Brandon McCray/ Alloy Studios:
- In this episode, Vinny and Greg talk to Brandon McCray of Power Automedia’s Alloy Studios. We go over current video projects, his ’68 Mustang Fastback project, and play a new game called Automotive This Or That! Where we match up similar vehicles and have our guests choose one and justify it!
- Episode #5 – Brian Petty/ Horsepower Wars 10k Drag Shootout:
- Episode #6 – Lyle Barnett/ Horsepower Wars 10K Drag Shootout – Brian Havins/ LSX Magazine:
- Vinny and Greg speak with Lyle Barnett, a returning champion, who offers his own take on just what happened during the season finale of Horsepower Wars 10k drag shootout! (Spoiler Alert: He attempts to de-bunk much of what Brian Petty said.)
- Vinny and Greg also chat with Brian Havins, Editor of LSX Magazine, about current projects and the LSX Magazine/LS Fest West cruise through the Valley Of Fire.
- Episode #7 – Vinny & Greg/ Project Car Updates:
- In this episode, of RodCAST Live, Vinny and Greg discuss modifying their daily driver projects, the C8 running 10-second quarter-mile times, and the leaked photos of Ford’s new Bronco.
- Episode #8 – Jeff Thisted/ Goodguys Rod & Custom Association/ Idrivea55.com:
- Episode #9 – Sam Memmolo/ Sam’s Garage Radio Show/ Shadetree Mechanic/ Two Guys Garage:
- Vinny and Greg talk to Sam Memmolo of Shadetree Mechanics, Two Guys Garage, and his very successful radio show – Sam’s Garage Radio Show. Sam helped pioneer the wave of automotive-based reality television millions of Americans enjoy every day. He breaks down how he got his start, and gives advice to anyone looking to follow in his footsteps.
- Episode #10 – Richard Holdener
For our Tenth episode, we have a very special guest – Richard Holdener. You know him as a zany internet personality, but Richard is a technical editor with over 25 years of hands-on experience in the automotive industry. Despite receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Advertising, Richard decided to follow his passion for all things automotive.
We’ll take a deep dive into Holdener’s background, from his early days racing with Hal Baer, to spending countless time at Westech Performance Group – The Dyno Center, to churn out one-of-a-kind content and data for enthusiasts like you. Trust us, this is an episode you don’t want to miss! Tune in this Friday at 12pm PST to the Street Muscle Facebook page to catch all the live action.